Thursday, 2 December 2010

Whipps Cross University Hospital





Yellow!

Today was my last day at WXUH. I've been in this hospital for exactly 8 weeks and have grown to love it. What's special about this hospital is the looooooooong corridor consisting of 13 junctions. It would be a pain to walk from junction 11 (the Medical Education Centre) up to the entrance at junction 1. Also, what's interesting is the bridge link to the outpatient's department. It's such an extensive bridge that having to cross over to the wards on the other side during my surgical firm was so tiring and made me breathless each time (or maybe i'm just unfit lol).

Surprisingly, as I submitted my SSC, locker keys and swipe card, I felt sad. I felt somewhat 'berat hati'. Huhu. I knew I was gonna miss this place. Here was where I became afraid of a certain phlebotomist, where I ate loads of toast, cereal and had cups and cups of free coffee from the mess, where I became close friends with my firm partners, met amazing junior doctors who were so much help, and the warm-hearted patients who always made my day. So I took out my camera and snapped some photos to encapsulate them in my memories as my first ever hospital for 3rd year rotation.




Part of the link bridge to outpatients


The cardiology ward


Alhamdulillah. I'm already looking forward to my next placement. Let it be as wonderful as the experience I had at Whipps. InsyaAllah.


No comments:

Post a Comment